Thursday 14 August 2014

Is ENGRAVITATION autobiography?

No.  There are parallels with my life and experience, in the sense that I've been a 16- or 17-year old boy, and I've been paid to perform music in public, and I've spent enough time in Liverpool and other places he knows that the geography and local colour are reasonably accurate.  However, Our Hero is significantly older than me, and most of what happens to him is necessarily my invention.  Some of it, as far as I know, is impossible.

If you need a prior example of something like this genre, I recommend Jack Trevor Story's Hitler Needs You, which was so long out of print that I thought I'd never see it again.  However, it was republished in the 21st century (see here) and is even available as an e-book (although the Kindle app on my phone says it's not.  Never trust a machine).

No comments:

Post a Comment