Thursday 14 August 2014

What else have you written?

Over the years, lots.  In the IT game I wrote manuals for my employers' systems, and occasionally for trade magazines, when those existed.  At university I was one of a number of contributors to a scurrilous irregular publication that, essentially, mocked everybody (including ourselves, to disguise our involvement.  Nobody believed for a second that we were not the culprits).  Occasionally a muse will whack me round the head and say "Get this down on paper, quick!", whereupon I deliver a few hundred or thousand words of  internally-consistent nonsense from nowhere.  It usually goes to an unsuspecting correspondent.  Sometimes they appreciate it.

When/if I can get ENGRAVITATION out of the way, there is a sort-of sequel started, featuring some of the same characters.  This time the setting is international (UK, Israel, maybe USA), present day or tomorrow.  Its McGuffin is technological, and scientifically feasible.  It will probably have spies and/or terrorists, who will be a pain to write, but like ENGRAVITATION, it will be uplifting, not dismal.  Its working title is Without The Moon (hooray, no divisive capitals).  You’ll love it.

Aside from all that, my character Daniel Crowland has his own blog, The Point, where I let him write anything he wants to.  To date that means mostly tedious tales about IT projects (where does he get that from?).  I think he can do better, so I'm encouraging  him to put some of his poems in there instead.  Keep an eye out for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment